This weekend I played host to my second series of workshop; this time based around my now full-time job of blogging & social media.
Considering being a blogger is a relatively new concept & many don’t consider it a ‘proper‘ job or take it massively seriously, I’m living proof that people can monetise from it. I am now earning in excess of £30k a year talking about my passion, from the comfort of my own home & around family life. This course has been designed to be no subjects barred on how I did it!
During the course we covered tips on blogging including the hurdles that every blogger will have to jump over at some point (including the dreaded ‘writers block’, simply falling out of love with your blog or finding time to write or come up with content) as well as how to grow your social media organically then how to make money from doing the above as well as designing a media pack.
Making money online is a grey area & one that not many people talk about (much like the taboo question of ‘how much do you earn?’ question). Likewise, as a blogger, half the time you actually aren’t sure how much you should be asking for from brands & PR agencies so you could be underselling yourself in the long run.
The weekend was a huge hit & I wanted the days to be as relaxed, friendly & informal as possible. I wanted the absolutely lovely ladies that attended to feel that they could ask me anything!
The course took place around my dining room table which I made pretty with the help of local wedding/event hire company Linen & Lace who let me use their hessian & lace runner as well as gorgeous glass vases/holders & candles to set the mood. Doesn’t it look gorgeous?
All attendee’s also got an incredible goodie bag which were full of gorgeous items donated by some of my favourite brands including –
- A notebook from Ohh Deer – @ohhdeer
- Hand cream from Heathcote & Ivory – @_heathcoteandivory
- An A5 print from Freddie The Kid – @freddiethekid
- A wax melt tartlet from Mieva Scents – @mievascents
- Pillar candle from Fleur & Grey – @fleurandgrey
- A personalised water bottle from Pink Lemonade – @pink_lemonade_designs
- Handstamped #THTMMworkshop biscuit from Buttons Biscuits – @buttons.biscuits
- A make-up bag from Hem Studios – @hem_studios use code ‘THTMM30’ for 30% off until 9th October to all followers
If you’d like to be on the list for my next blogging & social media workshop in January then please do drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.